Read these terms and conditions
carefully before using this site
What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website https://islamicfinanceguru.com
Who we are and how to contact us
islamicfinanceguru.com is a site operated by Islamicfinanceguru Limited (company no: 11939092) (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11939092 and have our registered office at 59 Eton Road, Ilford IG1 2UD. Our VAT number is GB347862562.
We are a limited company. To contact us, please visit: https://www.islamicfinanceguru.com/contact-us/
Important Notes on Investing
- The information on this website is not advice, it is provided solely to enable you to make your own investment decisions. The investments and/or investment services referred to may not be suitable for all investors. Unless we tell you otherwise, we won’t make any assessment of whether the investments and/or investment services you choose are appropriate or suitable for you, so you won’t have the protection of us telling you if they’re not. If you are unsure of the suitability of any investment, you should contact your financial advisers for advice.
- We are a comparison and review platform conducting financial journalism. You’re responsible for making your own investment decisions, and for ensuring you are, and continue to be, eligible to hold your chosen investments.
- Unlike cash, stock market based investments are not guaranteed and fall in value as well as rise, we therefore believe you should only invest for the long term (5+ years). Ultimately you could get back less than you invest. Any yields will vary over time so income is variable and not guaranteed.
- If you invest in individual shares listed on the stock market please be aware shares can be delisted at any time, sometimes with no prior warning. If this occurs it may be difficult and costly, or even impossible, to sell your shares. You could lose the entire value of your investment.
- Cancellation rights may not be available. The investments featured do not provide capital guarantees like a deposit account and are not always readily accessible.
- Past performance should not be seen as an indication of future performance.
- Exchange rate fluctuations may have an adverse effect on the value of non-UK shares.
- Tax rules referred to are those that currently apply unless otherwise stated, they can change over time and any benefit to you will depend on your circumstances. Within ISAs and SIPPs, all gains are free of capital gains tax and income is free of UK income tax.
- In addition to any initial charge quoted there may be a bid/offer spread or dilution levy.
- The FCA does not regulate any prize draw.
- Some investments (e.g. some AIM stocks) are less readily realisable than others and it may therefore be difficult to deal in or obtain reliable information about their value.
- AIM and penny shares: AIM and penny shares carry a higher degree of risk of losing money than other UK shares. It may be difficult to deal in these shares. There may be a big difference between the buying price and the selling price of these shares. If they have to be sold immediately, you may get back much less than you paid for them. The price may change quickly and it may go down as well as up. It may be difficult to obtain reliable information about their value or the extent of the risks to which they are exposed.
- Venture Capital :while some venture investments may be viewed as less risky than others, investors should remember that venture investments as a whole are higher-risk investments.
- ETFs, ETCs and ETNs: investing in these products may expose you to additional risk, for instance you may be at risk if the product’s counterparties fail. It’s important you understand the specific risks associated with your investment.
- Pensions/HL SIPP: if your employer offers a pension you should consider using this first. The pension and tax rules are subject to change by the government. Tax reliefs and state benefits referred to are those currently applying. Their value depends on your individual circumstances. A small personal pension may reduce your entitlement to state benefits.
- Active Savings: inflation will reduce the spending power of your money over time. When you save in a fixed term product you can’t usually take out your money before the end of the term. Some fixed term savings offer cancellation rights. This means you can change your mind, typically within 14 days of the start of the term, and receive your money back.
By using our site you accept these terms.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
There are other terms that may apply to you
If you purchase goods from our site, our Terms and conditions of supply will apply to the sales.
We may make changes to these terms.
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us via https://www.islamicfinanceguru.com/contact-us/
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
How we may use your personal information
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy available here: https://www.islamicfinanceguru.com/acceptable-use-policy/
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy https://www.islamicfinanceguru.com/acceptable-use-policy/
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content in connection with the service provided by the website and across different media including to promote the site or the services forever;
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence for other users, partners or advertisers to use the content for their purposes forever.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy https://www.islamicfinanceguru.com/acceptable-use-policy/
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?