Halal Cryptocurrency Guide
Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple are now established investment products. But as these assets are so new, Muslims have a whole series of questions around them both from an Islamic perspective but also a commercial perspective.
In this detailed guide (which we will add to live) we will cover off all the big question on this topic. Each of the links below refers to a detailed article that we have done to address that question.
Where a link isn’t live yet, we’re still working on the article – bookmark this page and subscribe to our mailing list to hear about it when we go live with every new article!
If you have a question that hasn’t been covered below, you can ask our Muftis on the IFG Fatwa Forum.
Introduction to Cryptocurrency & Key Definitions
- What is blockchain and what are its uses?
- How does blockchain work?
- What is a cryptocurrency?
- What is bitcoin?
- What is an initial coin offering (ICO)?
- Major cryptocurrencies
- A list of sharia-certified cryptocurrencies
Islamic Issues with Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency
- Is bitcoin halal?
- Are cryptocurrencies halal?
- Is bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies really currency?
- Scholars who say crypto is haram or halal
- A fatwa comparison on bitcoin
- Are ICOs halal?
- Is bitcoin mining halal?
Commercial & Investing Issues with Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency
- How can I invest in blockchain?
- How can I invest in cryptocurrencies?
- How can I invest in bitcoin?
- What is the halal way to invest in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies?
- Is bitcoin a bubble?
- Is it a good idea to invest in cryptocurrencies?
- Alternatives to bitcoin and crypto