Zakat Guides and FAQs
Zakat Calculation FAQ
Zakat is a big old subject with so many fiddly questions. In this FAQ (which we will add to as we go alone) we aim to cut through the noise and help you get the answer you need quickly.
We also have a carefully-crafted zakat calculator designed to quickly calculate your zakat – but in an accurate way. Check it out here.
(FYI, we do not charge any admin fee if you do pay zakat via IFG’s Calculator. Nothing. Zilch. Just a community service.)
- VIDEO: Introduction Zakat and How to Calculate it from start to finish
- What is Zakat?
- Introduction Zakat on Investments
- Calculate zakat on stocks & shares – simple & detailed guidance
- Calculate zakat on loans
- Calculate zakat on funds, mutual funds, index funds, sukuk funds etc.
- Calculate zakat on pensions, SIPPs, Final Salary Pensions
- Calculate zakat on startups
- Calculate zakat on business
- Calculate zakat on gold
- Calculate zakat on crypto assets, bitcoin, altcoins etc
- Calculate zakat on property, buy-to-let and family homes
- Zakat on art, NFTs, & Collectibles
Zakat Calculator Guidance
We know it can be particularly confusing to know what to include when you are calculating your zakat so here is some guidance across each of the asset classes.
We also want to be transparent about how we have calculated your zakat due based on the asset information in our calculator, so you feel confident you are paying the right amount.