Writer (Remote) (Flexible, part-time hours)
Islamicfinanceguru.com (“IFG”) is an online platform designed to help Muslims make smart financial decisions, similar to Money Saving Expert which caters for a mainstream audience.
IFG’s mission is to help Muslims become more economically prosperous. We believe that that can help address a large number of the issues the global Muslim community currently faces.
High-quality, well-researched and practical content is at the heart of what we do. Following exponential growth in 2019, we are now looking to hire a writer to write online articles which are engaging and useful for our audience.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Producing a minimum of 8 written articles a month, each usually c. 800-2,000 words in length;
- Researching the article topic in-depth using both external sources, as well as creating your own data from scratch using primary sources (we will support you with any tools you need for this);
- Coming up with original content ideas, ideally backed by SEO analysis
We expect to see the following skills demonstrated within your application:
- A high standard of English, free of basic errors written in a style which is concise, snappy and suitable for a modern-day audience;
- A genuine interest in what IFG is about.
You will stand a better chance of being shortlisted for interview if you have the following (although if you don’t have any of these, please don’t be discouraged from applying):
- Good knowledge of, and interest in, personal finance and investments;
- Islamic Finance knowledge (any level)
- An understanding of how a modern content business works and how articles should be crafted (including knowledge of SEO analysis)
- Corporate experience in the City.
Hours, Location & Remuneration:
- We anticipate that you will be required to work 16 hours per week. This is completely flexible and remote.
- You will occasionally need to meet up/jump on a call with the team in London for general strategy/direction discussions. As such, a London location for meetings is helpful but not necessary.
- The salary is £1000 per month.
- The role is likely to give rise to a full time permanent position in 6-9 months for which the successful applicant to this role will be first in line should they wish to increase their hours.
- Please e-mail the following to both mohsin(at)islamicfinanceguru.com and ibrahim(at)islamicfinanceguru.com
- An up-to-date CV
- A video or audio introduction (optional; max 2 mins) to replace a traditional cover letter, or a 1-page cover letter.
- At least 3 examples of your work. Each one must be something you think is written in the IFG style. If you do not have 3 such pieces of work, please write one piece for IFG based on any title you deem to be suitable for our audience and send in two other examples of your written work along with this.
Applications close on 22 February 2020 but will be reviewed on a rolling basis so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. We will personally review all applications.
We look forward to seeing your work!