Islamicfinanceguru.com (“IFG”) is an online platform designed to help Muslims make smart financial decisions, similar to Money Saving Expert which caters for a mainstream audience.
1.8bn people in this world happen to be Muslim and they are 20% poorer than the rest of the world. IFG’s mission is to help Muslims become more economically prosperous. We believe that that can help address a large number of the issues the global Muslim community currently faces.
High-quality, well-researched but fun and engaging content is at the heart of what we do. We want to help make personal finances and entrepreneurship accessible and engaging for our audience.
Following exponential growth in 2019, we are now looking to hire a videographer to shoot, edit and finish video content which is engaging and useful for our audience.
We are a young team led by a founding team that have left their lucrative corporate jobs to go all in on IFG. Being category-leaders, innovation, giving back to our community and fun are what we’re about.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the team and industry experts in shooting and producing social media and Youtube short-form videos.
- Taking ownership over the IFG weekly vlog documenting life at a Muslim startup.
- Editing video and producing great quality graphics and motion graphics as necessary.
- Video IFG events.
- Shooting quality video courses.
- Coming up with original content ideas, ideally backed by SEO analysis.
We expect to see the following skills demonstrated within your application:
- At least 2/3 years experience in a video editing role, ideally as a self-employed consultant with experience of delivering for his/her own clients.
- An eye for compelling, unique videography.
- Extensive knowledge of Premiere Pro (or Final Cut Pro).
- Extensive knowledge of After Effects.
- Good knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Suite.
- Comfortable with colour grading.
- High attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team.
- Taking wnership of projects and contributing ideas.
You will stand a better chance of being shortlisted for interview if you have the following (although if you don’t have any of these, please don’t be discouraged from applying):
- Good knowledge of, and interest in, personal finance and investments.
- Good grasp of photoshop and photo and design editing skills.
- An understanding of how a modern content business works and knowledge of how gaining audience engagement is evolving.
Hours, Location & Remuneration:
- You will generally be working full-time 9-5pm hours, with the potential to work remotely if appropriate. There may be some weekend or evening work involved depending on shooting schedules.
- Our offices are based in Ilford, situated within a media house with broadcast quality studios, recording booths and theatres.
- Annual salary is £25-35k depending on experience and track record.
- Please e-mail the following to both mohsin(at)islamicfinanceguru.com and ibrahim(at)islamicfinanceguru.com
- An up-to-date CV.
- A video or audio introduction (optional; max 2 mins) to replace a traditional cover letter OR a 1-page cover letter.
- At least 3 examples of your video work and a link to an online portfolio if you have one.
Applications close on 9 March 2020 but will be reviewed on a rolling basis so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. We will personally review all applications.
We look forward to seeing your work!