Senior Full Stack Engineer (Full-time, Remote)
Summary: We’re a fast-growing London-based startup designed to help Muslims make smart financial decisions. We have a passionate following and are solving a global problem. Muslims are on average 20% poorer than the rest of the world. We are changing that through awesome content and education that people love. It’s a huge market too – Muslims make up around 25% of the global population. We’re breaking our traffic records every month and we have a big, global mission ahead of us.
In light of our growth and what we still want to achieve in the future, we’re looking for an ambitious senior Full Stack engineer to join us on our journey.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking for the next step in their career. You’re probably actively thinking about wanting more responsibility and more ownership of your projects. You need to be comfortable with web development and keeping up-to-date with changing technologies. You’ll also need to be comfortable making technical decisions and presenting them to non-technical product owners. You’re someone who cares about producing quality and seeing the growth of the wider business thanks to your input.
By the way, you do not need to be Muslim to apply and it isn’t an advantage or disadvantage – we’re genuinely only looking at your smarts, enthusiasm, integrity and overall fit for the role!
- Building exciting projects from scratch fast. You’ll be taking a vision and translating that into a meaningful product (e.g. a web app), finding the right balance between speed and longevity based on business need.
- Offering up ideas of where we can do things better (definitely on the tech side, but beyond tech too!).
- Being the interface between the business and any external agencies we instruct (e.g. designers)
- Fixing things that may go wrong ad-hoc on our WordPress-based website (which we plan to move away from)
- Absolutely crucial is the willingness to get stuck in and be a problem-solver first and foremost who is happy to learn new skills. So don’t worry if any of the below is unfamiliar as it’s likely you’ll be shaping many decisions.
- Experience with developing using cloud-based platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Excited at the prospect of being the first key technical hire and shaping our technical future
- Comfortable working remotely in a small team
- Able to bring ideas to the table and execute fast
- Conversant with non-technical people – your key contact point in the early days will be the founders
- A can-do attitude with a solutions-first approach
- Experience of working in the personal finance space or similar
- Passionate about money, finance and solving user problems
- Experience of working in a startup or familiarity
- Knowledge of, or interest in, data analytics to help us take a data-driven approach to growth (including building bespoke tools)
- Knowledge of, or interest in, other key principles that affect our business e.g. UX.
- We’re a fully remote-first company (irrespective of covid!) – you’ll get unparalleled flexibility
- We’re a small team (likely to grow after you join) with a super collegiate and collaborative environment that genuinely values autonomy
- Direct contact with founders
- Clear pathway to greater seniority
- Competitive salary (£45k-£60k)
After that, you’ll be invited to a non-technical interview where we can get to know each other. If everything sounds good after that, we’ll ask you to do a technical exercise/interview. Then it’ll be a final chat about your offer!
So if you think you fit the bill (doesn’t need to be exactly) then we’d love to hear from you!