We’re talking in this episode about the asset class savvy investors are making millions from – startup investing. The likes of Uber, Netflix and thousands of startups you’ve never heard of have made overnight millionaires from people who took a £5k punt at some point in an early-stage company (probably little more than an idea at that point!).
– what is startup investing and why it’s such a big deal
– why are we even interested in this (not just the money)
– how many startups you should invest in and how you can de-risk your investment to a fraction of what you invest using tax breaks
– demystifying startup terminology (what on earth is a Series C round?!)
– why valuation is not of primary concern in startup investing
– what we look for in a startup (and why 95% of the deals we get never make it through)
– where you can find those great startups (hint: not on public platforms like Seedrs!)