Summary: IslamicFinanceGuru is a fast-growing personal finance and comparison startup designed to help Muslims make smart financial decisions. We have a passionate following and are solving a global problem. Muslims are on average 20% poorer than the rest of the world. We are changing that through awesome content and education that people love. It’s a huge market too – Muslims make up around 25% of the global population. We’re breaking our traffic records every month and we have a big, global mission ahead of us.
In light of our growth and what we still want to achieve in the future, we’re looking for an ambitious Wills Associate to join us on our journey and grow the wills arm of our business – IFG Wills.
IFG Wills forms a core part of the wider IslamicFinanceGuru business. Muslims have certain rules to adhere to when it comes to writing wills and combining those needs with complex English law requirements is what we help our customers to achieve.
We use technology to make the will-writing process slick and easy for Muslims. Your role will involve not just writing the wills, but helping us to drive decisions which make IFG Wills the best product out there for any Muslim in England & Wales looking to get a will done.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking to use their legal experience to be part of something that is not a traditional law firm. You’ll be excited at the prospect of continuous growth, development and taking responsibility within a key part of the wider business. You’re likely to have some entrepreneurial or similar experience that demonstrates that you’re a genuine self-starter that will thrive in a startup.
What your day will look like:
- Answering e-mail / live chat queries about Islamic wills in a super quick manner and helping potential customers to purchase a will;
- Drafting the wills of customers, including trust-based wills for larger estates;
- Reporting into the founders (both of whom are ex-City solicitors) on key metrics;
- Strategising novel ways through which IFG Wills can grow.
- Some legal experience – we don’t mind if you’re not qualified (if you are, that’s great!) but we want to see some evidence of a legal background as a minimum
- Experience with writing wills, with experience in Islamic wills preferable
- Comfortable working remotely with minimal supervision
- A solutions-first approach to problem solving
- Excellent at speaking to customers by phone, email or chat
- Obsessed about making customers happy with high emotional intelligence given the sensitive nature of our work
- Demonstrable experience of building a product from the ground up or scaling an existing product – either for their own business or for somebody else
- You have some UI/UX experience or the attention to detail that means you care about the user experience and will suggest ideas for the IFG Wills product
- You believe in the power of data to drive your decisions and you have some experience in make data-driven decisions which result in something great
- STEP qualified or other recognised will writing qualifications
- Experience of private client work and/or Islamic wills
- We’re a fully remote-first company (irrespective of covid!) – you’ll get unparalleled flexibility. You can also work from our London office.
- This is primarily a part-time role but we can consider making this a full-time position
- We’re a collegiate and collaborative team with an environment that genuinely values autonomy
- Direct contact with founders
- Opportunities for growth and greater seniority
- Competitive salary (£30k-£40k FTE)
- Submit CV
- Arrange first interview
- Technical interview (a good chance for us to understand your legal expertise)
To apply, please submit your CV in PDF format below. We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis so early applications are strongly encouraged.
Closing date: 14 August 2020