A bit about us
IslamicFinanceGuru is a fast-growing personal finance and comparison startup designed to help Muslims make smart financial decisions. We have a passionate following and are solving a global problem. Muslims are on average 20% poorer than the rest of the world. We are changing that through awesome content and education that people love.
It’s a huge market too – Muslims make up around 25% of the global population – from Africa, Asia, Europe to the Middle East. We’re breaking our traffic records every month and we have a big mission ahead of us. We recently got investment from some of the world’s leading investors who share our vision that we’re on to something really worth doing.
Every day each of our team come to work knowing that what they are doing will ultimately make the lives of millions better off. Having impact is part of our DNA.
A bit about you
The ideal candidate will be someone with commercial experience of React, a good eye for design and a demonstrable instinct for creating amazing user experiences. In return, you’ll get to work alongside some super smart people, in a genuinely mission-led business which is growing fast. If that sounds like the right place for you, please read on.
We are looking for a brilliant mind to give our users an incredible experience. You’ll work on our in-house products and have a genuine commercial input as to how they ship.
- Work with the rest of our engineering team to create user-centric products that are incredible
- Work primarily with React but also with whatever technologies you think are best for the user experience
- Opportunity to join as an early member of a fast growing engineering team
- 3+ years commercial experience of front-end technologies (React, Redux, CSS/SCSS)
- Experience with version control e.g. Git
- Solutions-first approach
- Growth mindset, looking to work with cutting-edge technologies
- Data-driven approach to building and iterating
- Knowledge of UI/UX is a bonus
- Knowledge of developing and deploying applications in a Cloud Native environment (Docker/Kubernetes) is a bonus
- Knowledge building applications using a React framework such as GatsbyJS/NextJS is a bonus
- Highly competitive salary
- Flexible working – choose from our offices in the Stratford area of London or work remotely
- Benefits package including equity
- Generous self-development budget and an environment where self-growth is genuinely encouraged
- Working on products that genuinely make a difference in society
- Working in a fast-growth startup alongside other smart people
- Opportunity to shape our engineering future
To apply, please upload your CV and a brief covering paragraph.