Summary: IslamicFinanceGuru is a fast-growing personal finance and comparison startup designed to help Muslims make smart financial decisions. We have a passionate following and are solving a global problem. Muslims are on average 20% poorer than the rest of the world. Our mission is to put right this inequality.
We are doing that by providing awesome content and education. It’s a huge market too – Muslims make up around 25% of the global population. We’re breaking our traffic records every month and we have a big, global mission ahead of us.
In light of our growth and what we still want to achieve in the future, we’re looking for an ambitious Product Manager to head up our Investment Comparison engine.
The Investment Comparison engine is a key feature for users visiting IslamicFinanceGuru. It allows users to search, filter and compare global sharia-compliant investment options. We aim for it to be the world’s best offering. The Product Manager’s job will be to make that goal happen.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is adept at leading a product to market. You will have an entrepreneurial streak, be relationships-driven, and have a demonstrably strong sense for what amazing product looks like. You’ll be someone who is led by data and completely user-focussed.
What your day will look like:
- Striking relationships and closing deals with partners and potential partners
- Diving deep into data to understand user behaviour and earmarking improvements
- Working with our engineering team to make technical improvements to the product
- Creating written and media content to promote new and existing partnerships
- Owning strategy and product roadmap along with the founders to make a world-class product
- Demonstrable ability to strike strong B2B relationships and close deals
- Leadership skills in bringing a product to market either as a founder or a product owner
- User-focussed approach, preferably with a good sense of UI/UX
- Able to gather and interpret data to make improvements
- Ability to problem-solve creatively and take ownership over the product
- Wider-picture thinking – able to think about the business holistically
- Experience of comparison platforms
- Technical knowledge (either as a coder or someone very familiar and conversant with tech)
- Industry insider with an existing network of people in the financial investment space
- Other relevant technical expertise (e.g. design, SEO, UI/UX).
- We’re a fully remote-first company (irrespective of covid!) – you’ll get unparalleled flexibility. You can also work from our London office.
- We’re a collegiate and collaborative team with an environment that genuinely values autonomy
- Genuinely responsible for making a huge global difference
- Competitive salary (negotiable in line with experience and seniority of the candidate but will be competitive with leading start-up salaries)
- Submit CV
- 1st round interview
- 2nd round interview
To apply, please submit your CV in PDF format below. We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis so early applications are strongly encouraged.
Please note that due to the nature of the role, we will only consider candidates who are based in the UK.
Closing date: 21 August 2020