Islamic Wills Associate
IslamicFinanceGuru is a fast-growing personal finance and comparison startup designed to help Muslims make smart financial decisions. We have a passionate following and are solving a global problem.
We have been covered in the Financial Times, Techcrunch, Sifted, Forbes and many others.
Muslims are on average 20% poorer than the rest of the world. We are changing that through awesome content and education that people love. It’s a huge market too – Muslims make up around 25% of the global population. We’re breaking our traffic records every month and we have a big, global mission ahead of us.
In light of our growth and what we still want to achieve in the future, we’re looking for an ambitious Will Writer to join us on our journey and grow the wills arm of our business – IFG Wills.
This year IFG Wills will help thousands of people get peace of mind, save millions in inheritance tax, donate millions to charity, and help them take the first step towards financial security.
IFG Wills forms a core part of the wider IslamicFinanceGuru business. Muslims have certain rules to adhere to when it comes to writing wills and combining those needs with complex English law requirements is what we help our customers to achieve.
We use technology to make the will-writing process slick and easy for Muslims. Your role will involve not just writing the wills, but getting hands-on with the tech infrastructure and helping us to drive decisions which make IFG Wills the best product out there for any Muslim in England & Wales looking to get a will done.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candiate will be someone who is looking to use their legal experience to be part of something that is not a traditional law firm. You’ll be excited at the prospect of continuous growth, development and taking ownership and responsibility within a key part of the wider business. You’re likely to have some entrepreneurial or similar experience that demonstrates that you’re a genuine self-starter that will thrive in a startup.
While this role is for a junior-to-mid-level hire, If you are experienced STEP-qualified (or equivalent) wills lawyer we would also love to hear from you too.
What your day will look like
- Drafting the wills of customers, including trust-based wills for larger estates;
- Reporting into the founders (both of whom are ex-City solicitors) on key metrics and working with other team members;
- Answering e-mail / live chat queries about Islamic wills in a super quick manner and helping potential customers to purchase a will;
- Coordinating with charity partners on our campaigns with them; and
- Strategising novel ways through which IFG Wills can grow.
- Some legal experience – we don’t mind if you’re not qualified but we want to see some evidence of a legal background as a minimum
- Experience with drafting, with experience in Islamic wills preferable
- A solutions-first approach to problem solving
- Excellent at speaking to customers by phone, email or chat
- Obsessed about making customers happy with high emotional intelligence given the sensitive nature of our work
- Demonstrable experience of building a product from the ground up or scaling an existing product – either for your own business or for somebody else
- You have some UI/UX experience or the attention to detail that means you care about the user experience and will suggest ideas for the IFG Wills product
- You believe in the power of data to drive your decisions and you have some experience in make data-driven decisions which result in something great
- STEP-qualified or other recognised will writing qualifications
- Experience of private client work and/or Islamic wills
- The chance to work with top quality colleagues who are mission-driven and will push you to become the best version of yourself
- We’re a collegiate and collaborative team with an environment that genuinely values autonomy
- Work directly with leadership team – flat hierarchies and small teams
- Opportunities for growth and greater seniority
- Competitive salary (£28-£40k) – but can go higher for experienced candidates
Applicants should supply a PDF copy of their CV.