We’re a fast-growing startup designed to help minority communities make smart financial decisions. We have a passionate following and are solving a global problem.
Many black and ethnic minority communities are Muslim and they have specific personal finance and investment needs. We believe this is a niche that is being overlooked.
Muslims are on average 20% poorer than the rest of the world. We are changing that through awesome content and education that people love. It’s a huge market too – Muslims make up around 25% of the global population. We’re breaking our traffic records every month and we have a big, global mission ahead of us.
IFG.VC is IslamicFinanceGuru’s angel syndicate. We have sophisticated investors from all around the world in our club. We are looking for an Investment Analyst to help our growth. The job role entails:
- Sourcing startups to invest in from your own network
- Conducting due diligence on startups to ensure only the highest-quality deals go to the syndicate
- Maintaining investor relations: speaking with investors and conducting webinars
- Administrative work to ensure that deal paperwork is run efficiently, helping investors to receive their documentation safely, and liaising with startups to ensure nothing is missed
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or similar to help with web design, posters, etc
- Be educated to at least degree level
- Have at least 1 year’s experience in the venture capital space as an analyst OR have demonstrable startup experience as a founder OR be an active angel investor currently who has invested in 5 or more startups
- Possess excellent communication skills with demonstrable public-speaking experience
- Have a deeply analytical mind with a very clear understanding of how the economics of startup investing works, and what it takes for a startup to succeed (including why it is different from other forms of investing)
- Be passionate about the IFG.VC mission of making startup investing more socially inclusive
- Have excellent working knowledge of ethnic minority and Muslim communities
- Speak at least one language to a high standard (in addition to either native English or highly proficient English) from the following: French, Turkish, Arabic.
Salary & Benefits
- We’re a fully remote-first company (irrespective of covid!) – you’ll get unparalleled flexibility. For this role, you will need to either be based in London or be willing to travel in 1-2 times a week since many of the startups you’ll be speaking to are based in London.
- We’re a small team (likely to grow after you join) with a super collegiate and collaborative environment that genuinely values autonomy
- Direct contact with founders
- Clear pathway to greater seniority
- Salary range: £30-£35k
To apply, please submit your CV below
Closing date for applications: 22 October 2020