IFG Editor & Financial Journalist
We’re a fast-growing startup who help minority communities make smart financial decisions. We have a passionate following and are solving a global problem.
Many black and ethnic minority communities are Muslim and they have specific personal finance and investment needs. We believe this is a niche that is being overlooked.
These communities are on average 20% poorer than the rest of the world. We are changing that through awesome journalism and education that people love. We’re breaking our traffic records every month and we have a big, global mission ahead of us.
IFG is at heart a media business. We provide quality mainstream financial journalism. Our key topics include personal finance, investment, ethical finance and venture capital. You can think of us as the Islamic finance equivalent of MoneySavingExpert.
The Editor will spearhead the entire audio, video and written output of IFG. They will not only be keen and willing to contribute their own material, they will also be able to coordinate and edit contributions from others both within the company and external parties.
As an Editor you will have a keen ear for voice and establish and maintain the professional IFG voice in all our media.
You will also benefit from reporting directly into the founders, both of whom are Forbes 30 under 30 and have City backgrounds.
The job role entails:
- Developing and executing on an article timetable including a mixture of in-house writing, guest posts, SEO-optimised content, and investigative journalism
- Working closely with our founders to write and produce material for our podcast and Youtube channel. Someone comfortable with hosting and appearing on video is preferable
- Developing and maintaining an SEO-rich strategy
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or similar to help with graphics, web design, posters, etc is helpful
- Be passionate about the IFG mission of helping minority communities become economically prosperous
- Be educated to at least degree level
- You will be an experienced journalist, with a particular interest in topics such as personal finance, investment, Muslims & Islam, entrepreneurship and startups
- Possess excellent communication skills with demonstrable public-speaking experience
- Have a deeply analytical mind but with a willingness to get stuck in and learn fast
- Have a good working knowledge of ethnic minority and Muslim communities or have the willingness to learn fast
Salary & Benefits
- We’re a fully remote-first company (irrespective of covid!) – you’ll get unparalleled flexibility. For those living in London we have an office here that you can also work in.
- We’re a small team (growing fast) with a super collegiate and collaborative environment that genuinely values autonomy
- Direct contact with founders
- Salary range: £30-£35k
To apply, please submit your CV.
Listed on: 14 October 2020
Closing date for applications: 28 October 2020